[Linux-aus] Candidate Statement: Christopher Neugebauer

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Nov 20 14:38:39 EST 2013

On 20/11/2013 12:50, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

> This is a message of support for Chris, for any position he runs for.
> He absolutely worked his butt off to provide two of the most successful
> conferences I have ever attended. He's organised, careful,
> enthusiastic, clever and compassionate. You couldn't wish for a better
> worker or leader. If you vote for Chris, Things Will Gets Done.
>
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Chris Neugebauer <chrisjrn at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is addressing both Peter and Mark's concerns in the same
>> response, as they basically said the same thing.
>>
>> On 17 November 2013 00:38, Peter Lawler <linux-aus at bleeter.id.au>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> *Seriously, though. Your email talks about the great stuff you've
>>> done with
>>> LA folks and the PyCon work you've done, but you've not talked about
>>> looking
>>> outwards. Could you write a little about what you think you could do
>>> for LA
>>> in raising general public awareness things about LA, inc FLOSS etc.
>>
>> I personally don't have a strong view on how LA can better engage with
>> the general public on issues the membership sees as important. This is

This concerns me, if one wishes to be on council, especially if one
suggests he would like a very senior role, one would expect we would
here a lot more bout how LA should promote Linux and OSS, and not 98% of
pycon rubbish, there is more to the world than just that. I know it
sounds harsh, but hey, Chris is the one wanting a position on council,
he needs to make his case to cover all aspects not just his primary
interests.