[Linux-aus] Richard Stallmans Australian Speaking schedule

Russell Stuart russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au
Sun Sep 5 15:03:24 EST 2010

Someone asked on a SAGE list what Richard Stallman's speaking schedule
is in Australia.  Turns there isn't a single place that publishes all
the places you can see him, or at least I can't find it.  As I think a
lot of people might like to see him, I put on together.

talks are being organised by local ACS chapters:

Wed Sep 15, Melbourne, VIC:
  http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=load&area=9003&temID=eventdetails&eveID=30174426947298

Thu Sep 23, Brisbane, QLD:
  http://www.acs.org.au/qld/index.cfm?action=event&area=9004&temID=eventdetails&eveID=30174426947370

Thu Sep 30, Hobart, TAS:
  http://www.acs.org.au/tas/index.cfm?action=event&area=9007&temID=eventdetails&eveID=10178580665665

Wed Oct 6 Canberra:
  http://www.acs.org.au/act/index.cfm?action=event&area=9002&temID=eventdetails&eveID=30175720809577

Mon Oct 11, Sydney, NSW:
  http://www.acs.org.au/nsw/index.cfm?action=event&area=9001&temID=eventdetails&eveID=30173824519247

Tue 12 Oct, Wollongong, NSW:
  http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=load&area=9001&temID=eventdetails&eveID=30177535141532

Fri 17 Sept, Mt Gambier, SA:
  http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=load&area=9005&temID=eventdetails&eveID=10178580874484

Tue 19 Oct, Perth, WA:
   http://www.acs.org.au/wa/index.cfm?action=event&area=9006&temID=eventdetails&eveID=10174439030254

The ACS lectures are free to all including non-ACS members, but you have to register.

His talks page (http://www.fsf.org/events/rms-speeches.html ) says he is
also appearing at other venues around the country.  You might hope that
list includes the all the ACS ones, but nope.  In fact even the ACS
Event summary page doesn't list all the ACS ones.  Relevant additional
entries are:

Thu Sep 16, Melbourne, VIC:
  http://www.fsf.org/events/20100916-cvc-melbourne

Thu Sep 16, Ballarat, VIC:
  From Don Gingrich's SAGE post.  No URL, place or times.

Fri, Sep 21, Brisbane, QLD *NOT-FREE*:
  http://www.fsf.org/events/20100921-jds-brisbane

It seems that when he is giving two talks in the one city (as he does in
Brisbane and Melbourne) they are different talks.

Right now this email is the most complete itinerary I've seen for
Stallman's Australian visit, but it still isn't the full quid.  Maybe a
bit of crowd sourcing would make it better.  Post you additions /
corrections here.  I've put up a public calendar here:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=24ildpo7m4cn2mi9kqmnp4m1b0@group.calendar.google.com