[Linux-aus] Authorised Members (was: Nomination for Ordinary Committee Members)

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:03:04 UTC 2006

On 1/6/06, Jonathan Oxer <jon at oxer.com.au> wrote:
> On 1/6/06, Steve Walsh <steve at nerdvana.org.au> wrote:
> > Not meaning to point out the obvious, but we do....
> > Nearly every LCA has a Key signing, and nearly every LUG has a Keysigning.
> > Unless that's what you mean by "the Web of trust".
> Yep, that's exactly what I meant. ...
> > Personally I don't see it
> > as overly onerous to have to attend a LUG meeting to be verified.
> ...it may be fine for you and me, but many people would find it too
> onerous. If we wanted to restrict LA membership to people who take the
> time to learn how to drive GPG ...

OpenSkills requires that members have an OpenPGP key and that it be
signed by two other members.  However, people can be part of
OpenSkills and use all the systems and services without being a
member.  Only members can stand for committee positions and/or vote,
though.

So, those who want to stand and/or vote have to get their key sorted
out.  Those who want to just use the services and join in with social
things and debates can.

This may not apply so well to LA, but I thought I'd mention it.

All the best,
   Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/