[Jobs] JOB: (Eastern region of Australia) Technical Trainer (Independent, Contract
jobs at linux.org.au
Tue Nov 21 05:35:04 UTC 2006
Technical Trainer (Independent, Contract
(Independent Contractor -- Based in the Eastern region of Australia in support of the Asia-Pacific Rim)
VMware, Inc. is the global leader in virtual infrastructure solutions for industry-standard systems and one of the fastest growing software companies in the world. VMware solutions are deployed at over 20,000 companies (including 80% of Fortune 100 companies) and used by over 3 million users.
We have approximately doubled our revenue each year since our inception in 1998, with 2005 revenue reaching nearly $400M. We are an independent subsidiary of EMC (NYSE: EMC).
Find out more about VMware at www.vmware.com/company
This position, reporting to the Manager of Education Services, is responsible for delivering technical courses for VMware distributors, channel partners, customers, and internal employees. Courses will be delivered in traditional lecture/lab settings.
* Teaching courses for customers, partners, distributors, and internal employees,
* Conducting train the trainer sessions,
* Working with fellow instructors to improve training materials and delivery,
* Developing custom courses using and extending existing training curriculum,
* Working with subject matter experts to validate course design and content,
* Working with course developers and marketing to determine curriculum needs,
* Updating and maintaining existing courseware and labs,
* Traveling 50% of the time,
* Working with VMwares Technical Publications and Systems Engineering group to ensure consistency of product documentation and training materials, and to exploit opportunities for reuse of these materials,
* Investigating, developing, and implementing programs for alternative education channels for customers and strategic partners, such as online webinars, eLearning, and technical awareness seminars,
* Assisting in interviewing and selecting new technical trainers,
* Mentoring new trainers, and providing support to other trainers, especially those based off-site.
* Supporting VMware sales by acting as a strong advocate for VMware products both inside and outside classes, and
* Assisting engineers in product development by discovering and reporting bugs and requesting new features in VMware products.
Desirable Skills and Experience
* 4+ years experience teaching technical material, preferably at the operating system level and below
* 2+ years experience developing technical training materials
* 5+ years experience in technical industry
* Knowledge of systems administration, networking, client/server applications and hardware configuration
Strong knowledge of systems administration in Linux/UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems
Ability to write scripts and simple programs
Good practical working ability with Linux and/or Windows utilities and applications
Experience doing and/or teaching one or more of the following: Linux/UNIX System Administration, Server Hardware Maintenance, x86 Hardware Configuration, Windows 2000+ Server Systems Administration, Storage Area Networks, Linux/UNIX Kernel Configuration & Tuning, Windows Server and Network Configuration
* Experience using instructional design models, including:
Analyzing audience needs and tying them to business requirements
Designing and developing student and instructor guides
Creating tests and practical lab activities
* Practical knowledge of modern electronic education delivery channels (eLearning) and systems (learning management systems)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Project management experience, preferably with large educational projects
Equal Opportunity Employment
VMware is an equal opportunity employer that values the strengths diversity brings to the workplace.
Please submit your resume in .txt, .pdf, or .doc format to wsage at VMware.com
Contact: Please submit your resume in .txt, .pdf, or .doc format to wsage at VMware.com
Applications close: 30th December 2006
More information about the jobs