[Grants] Big Sand Band (Regional SA) - grant application decision

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Thu Apr 14 22:08:29 AEST 2022

Big Sand Band (Regional SA) - Lyndsey Jackson

The Linux Australia Council discussed this grant application at its meeting
on 13 April 2022.  Council members were impressed with the quality of the
application, the information provided in it and the follow up given on the
grants list.

We are pleased to inform you that the grant application was approved -
congratulations!  The grant is to cover the expenses laid out in the
application to allow Sally Coleman to travel to the FLAME festival in
connection with Big Sand Band.

Please email the Linux Australia treasurer (treasurer at linux.org.au) to
determine how the grant funds will be paid and make the necessary
administrative arrangements.

As per the grant guidelines, Linux Australia request that you provide a
brief report about the activities funded by this grant for inclusion in our
Annual Report.  This should highlight how the funding benefitted the
community in light of Linux Australia's values[1].  We ask that this be sent
via email to council at linux.org.au by the end of November to allow sufficient
time for its incorporation into the report.

We also request acknowledgement of Linux Australia's support for the
project.  This may be through the inclusion of Linux Australia's logo on a
website and project materials, inclusion in credits, or other actions
appropriate to the project.  Please get in touch if additional guidance is
required.

Some concern was expressed during the Council's discussion about how the
project's assets might be made available to the community.  Linux Australia
would be happy to help out if it would help.  We can, for example, host the
assets through our website or on our mirror site.  Please contact us to make
the appropriate arrangements.

Finally, it was pointed out during Council's discussion that there are a
number of government funding programs which provide matching grants for
community and regional events like the FLAME festival.  It may be possible
for you to utilise these now or in the future.  We can provide information
about these if you are interested.

If you have further questions feel free to contact myself or any member of
the Linux Australia Council.

Regards

Jonathan Woithe
(on behalf of the Linux Australia Council)

[1] https://linux.org.au/about-us/values/