[Grants] Big Sand Band (Regional SA) - grant application decision

Lyndsey Jackson jackson.lyndsey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 08:52:59 AEST 2022

Awww this is really lovely news, thanks all. I really appreciate how much you all work and the effort it takes to raise funds to have them available. We will do something really great and inspiring with this. Lots of great points raised, I agree with all of them. Will come back re hosting and tech support. The matching grant point is very true, it's easier for artists to get these type of grants because they have demonstrated community support, I think that the story here of having Linux Aus as a first follower is going to carry a lot of momentum.Have a lovely long weekend all, I'll start mobilising and be back in touch soon! Lyndsey
-------- Original message --------From: Jonathan Woithe <jwoithe at just42.net> Date: 14/4/22  9:38 pm  (GMT+09:30) To: jackson.lyndsey at gmail.com Cc: grants at lists.linux.org.au Subject: Big Sand Band (Regional SA) - grant application decision Big Sand Band (Regional SA) - Lyndsey JacksonThe Linux Australia Council discussed this grant application at its meetingon 13 April 2022.  Council members were impressed with the quality of theapplication, the information provided in it and the follow up given on thegrants list.We are pleased to inform you that the grant application was approved -congratulations!  The grant is to cover the expenses laid out in theapplication to allow Sally Coleman to travel to the FLAME festival inconnection with Big Sand Band.Please email the Linux Australia treasurer (treasurer at linux.org.au) todetermine how the grant funds will be paid and make the necessaryadministrative arrangements.As per the grant guidelines, Linux Australia request that you provide abrief report about the activities funded by this grant for inclusion in ourAnnual Report.  This should highlight how the funding benefitted thecommunity in light of Linux Australia's values[1].  We ask that this be sentvia email to council at linux.org.au by the end of November to allow sufficienttime for its incorporation into the report.We also request acknowledgement of Linux Australia's support for theproject.  This may be through the inclusion of Linux Australia's logo on awebsite and project materials, inclusion in credits, or other actionsappropriate to the project.  Please get in touch if additional guidance isrequired.Some concern was expressed during the Council's discussion about how theproject's assets might be made available to the community.  Linux Australiawould be happy to help out if it would help.  We can, for example, host theassets through our website or on our mirror site.  Please contact us to makethe appropriate arrangements.Finally, it was pointed out during Council's discussion that there are anumber of government funding programs which provide matching grants forcommunity and regional events like the FLAME festival.  It may be possiblefor you to utilise these now or in the future.  We can provide informationabout these if you are interested.If you have further questions feel free to contact myself or any member ofthe Linux Australia Council.RegardsJonathan Woithe(on behalf of the Linux Australia Council)[1] https://linux.org.au/about-us/values/