[Cbsupport] CBV Debian

Maxwell & de Brouwer hortnfash at dodo.com.au
Fri Sep 5 08:44:45 UTC 2003

Kylie Wrote:

> Our install of Debian is customised, it doesnt contain everything you
> get with a full cd set. It is made up from a debian base install with
> additional packages. The additional packages are decided on the basis
> of need (eg basic wordprocessor = abiword), or in other arbitary ways
> (someone liked game x, or someone thought x would be handy). It was
> built by our volunteer developers to address lower end systems with
> smaller hard disks.
>
> At the moment we are looking at updating and reducing (program wise)
> our customised debian. The way we are deciding, this time, is by
> looking at what we currently offer and asking what can be removed? All
> suggestions are appreciated... What programs do you find useful? Not
> so useful?

Dear Kylie

thanks for that very informative
Suggestion
I wonder and it could be a lot of trouble if  maybe you came up with 4
Variations
1 As is for a family with children all ages
2 One focused at families with Teenagers
3 Adult couples who want the net and Openoffice
4 Hi tech users

I personally found  too many games but then we are a couple

I suppose suggestions could come in on what people think is the
most reliabel and useful programs and find out what isn't even being used
Browser
Office
Video
Dial Up
desk top
Multi Media
Camera
Paint
etc
I like Mozilla and Open Office ppconfig Icewm
I hated Tux Paint

that sort of thing

this is only a suggestion
Avery