[Cbsupport] In the market for a modem?

M&D hortnfash at dodo.com.au
Fri Oct 31 02:37:02 UTC 2003

Hi
I don't know if this is anygood or not but the current Kmart Catalogue
starting Nov1 Saturday on page 7 has a NetComm external modem for $78
Its 56K V90
Now why I bring this up is once I was in OfficeWorks and they had a ADSL
modem and the accomanying CD had Linex on it as well.
Now I have just had a look at there site they are based in Sydney

> http://www.netcomm.com.au/one/dhp_i.html

*AM5685 - InternetModem 56K V90*
 looks the same as in the Kmart Catalogue it may not be
It has a serial cable it come with Window drivers but it has AT Command
set compatable
I don't know if that means you can set it up using At Commands on Linux

You can email them to find out if its Comptatable you need Pentium 32 MG
Ram and 80MG fee on Harddrive

> http://www.netcomm.com.au/one/support/specification/AM5685_IntMod_info.pdf

Of course being Kmart if you rushed in and bought it and it didn't work
with your system you could always take it back for a refund Kmart are
very good at that i bought a Microphone for a Computer from Dandenong
and I couldn't get it too work and a Cable TV cable that didn't fit and
returned it to Narre Warren and got a refund to my bank within a week to
my credit card

So if you are in the market next week for a modem this may be worth
looking at?
I don't know but it looks like they do support Linux with some of there
products
Avery