[Cbsupport] GUI take a picture of your screen

M&D hortnfash at dodo.com.au
Fri Oct 31 01:44:02 UTC 2003

Hello
You can take a picture of your screen this could you used in an email to
explain something to someone or sotimes doing a correspondence course to
show what is on the screen of your computer you could using permission
Print it off to teach newbies where the menus are

So one of the things you can use is
KStart/Multimedia/Graphics/Moreprograms/KSanpshot (Screen Capture Program)
It saves as a .png You can choose to have only the screen with the mouse
pointer in it or not and you can save it or print it

If you save it I could open it in Konqueror Home or it opened in
kwikshow and Kview.  KIconEditor did not seem to like it though probably
too big

KSnapshot also has a help button which gives you a manual to do

I'm sure there are many ways to do this but this did work for me
Any other GUI alternatives are always fine
Of course there are command lines but my point is to be posting GUI
information at the moment
If someone really wants to continue these threads on how to do a command
line to go with this thats fine with me
The more ways we know how to do things the better in my opinon

regards
Avery