[Cbsupport] re Source List au Mirror

M&D hortnfash at dodo.com.au
Wed Oct 29 21:59:02 UTC 2003

>> I can change it kdesu kate password and save and exit
>
>Congratulations you can use an editor

Well you taught me thank you

>> I don't really want to change anythign nor an upgrade if I can help it
>
>So don't. knoppix is reasonably up to date out of the box..
>if you want a secure supported OS install DEBIAN stable. ( that means
>kde 2.2 and xfree 4.2 and yes that's old) you can either have the new
>shiny stuff or a secure machine not both.

Its kde 3.1.3 I want secure not new.  Why do you always think I want new?

>> just to patch for the Internet and security
>> If I can remove this from the source list and if I don't need I can do
>> that too
>
>You can just comment things you don't need/want using #
>>
>> # Java
>>
>> deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/languages/java/linux/debian woody main
>> non-free
>>
>> deb-src ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/languages/java/linux/debian woody
>> main non-free
>>
>> deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/languages/java/linux/debian unstable
>> main non-free
>>
>> deb-src ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/languages/java/linux/debian unstable
>> main non-free
>>
>> # deb http://people.debian.org/~sgybas/jdk13 <http://people.debian.org/%7Esgybas/jdk13>
>>
>All the above relate to java. if you don't want to use them put a # at
>the start of the line in question.

They wouldn't update as they were, I don't know if I want them or not
As I said secure on the net

>On the note of email formating. Internet best practice is to wrap at 72
>columns which allows for a few levels of reply before causeing ugly
>wrapping.  now as most clients can wrap messages properly this isn't
>such a big issue.. but it's still nice.

Was that to me I check Mozilla it was set on 72, I've changed to 50 now
though

I'm sorry I don't understand either of you on this.  Even though this is
the latest Knoppix it is still afew months old
Avery