[Linux-aus] [Linux-aus, abuse] Prince Alfred e-petition & coronation deadline

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Wed May 17 13:14:59 AEST 2023

On Wed, May 03, 2023 at 18:40:48 +1000, Kathy Reid via linux-aus wrote:
>    Here are the whois details for Daniel's domain, just in case anyone
>    within LA leadership would like to bring this to the attention of the
>    abuse@ address of the registrar he uses:

I do not support Daniel's methods or message. My immediate response to his
activities is one of sadness.

What concerns me more than those emails, is the swiftness of a reactionary call
for authoritarian action that will achieve nothing. Even if the domain is
successfully de-registered, emails can be sent from other addresses trivially.

As far as I can see, a domain de-registration causes inconvenince to one party
but denigrates our community by lowering us to such an ineffectual response for
what, unltimately? It rings hollow and feels petty.

I think we're better than that.

I sincerely hope that the council takes the high road.

In my experience, Daniel does not respond to polite requests to stop. This
leaves deleting without reading or filtering as probably the best courses of
action when dealing with Daniel's messaging.

--
Craige McWhirter
Signal: +61 4685 91819
Mastodon: @craige at mcwhirter.io