[Linux-aus] SMTP Server recommendations

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Fri Jun 9 15:33:51 AEST 2023

On Fri, 9 Jun 2023, Russell Stuart via linux-aus wrote:
> I'm after an SMTP relay service, ie something that accepts email via SMTP on
> some port other than 25, and relays it for me.

Unfortunately this service barely exits these days. Most companies
will be targeting the $20/month small-business crowd. They usually have a
free account below that level but it feels risky to use that.

Example:

https://www.brevo.com/pricing/
https://www.mailersend.com/pricing

Another option is to go with a paid mailbox provider like fastmail. Most
of these "personal mail" providers will also allow you to send mail via
authenticated SMTP.

Another option is Amazon SES, cheap and reasonable delivery.

The only provider I'm aware of that is roughly what you want is:

https://mxroute.com/

But I've not actually used them.

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.simonlyall.com/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar