[Linux-aus] SMTP Server recommendations

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Jun 12 21:58:53 AEST 2023

On Friday, 9 June 2023 08:54:49 AEST Luke Hovington via linux-aus wrote:
> AWS has options for setting up reverse dns entries and unblocking port 25,
> I have my email server setup and running. Besides the normal pain of trying
> to get the IP trusted by other email providers, it was fairly straight
> forward.

There are lots of options if you want to go for the regular cloud hosting
companies.

https://etbe.coker.com.au/2021/09/07/oracle-cloud-free-tier/

I blogged about using the Oracle Cloud free tier 2 years ago and I still have
my ARM VM there running nicely.  The default setup allows you to run 4 VMs in
the free tier that each have one fast ARM core (similar speed to cores of
desktop systems with DDR3 RAM) and 6G of RAM.  You can run more cores and more
RAM (the total allocation is 4 cores and 24G) but in that case they won't be
started if paying customers are doing stuff.

In the comments on that blog post there are links to a couple of sites showing
free tier cloud providers.