[Linux-aus] LA Certification

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Mon Jul 3 11:03:20 AEST 2023

I think Kathy makes some very valid points: I suspect that becoming an
accreditation body either by:

  * Some type of formal, outside recognition; or
  * Simply becoming the "de facto" accreditation body for something

...would take time, dedication, and effort.

Or enough money to pay someone to do so -- which is another can of worms.

I think Linux Australia might be able to do it, but I sense it'd be a
long term goal, take a lot of dedication if administered "not for
salary" or cost a reasonable amount of money.

As for ACS - there are good individuals in ACS but I've always sensed
whilst ACS and LinuxSA do have overlap in areas, their ethos is subtly
different and their cultures similar but different enough to require
careful, tactful, and deep listening to work closely with each other
(which Linux Australia would necessarily have to do if ACS agreed to be
the accrediting body by lending its credibility or framework, for example).

I am _not_ criticising either organisation; just mentioning that to me
the cultures are different enough to make working together not as easy
as it might seem at first (but what is, right?).

DSL