[Linux-aus] LA Certification

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Mon Jul 3 10:39:34 AEST 2023

Right, to maintain accreditation you need to have continuous
professional development - usually measured in points.

That CPD is usually administered by the accrediting body, so in this
scenario Linux Australia is positioned as the accrediting body. We could
work *with* an accrediting body, but the only one that comes to mind is
the Australian Computer Society, who don't tend to be Linux- or open
source- focused, and in recent years have moved to become much more of a
profit-generating entity rather than a for-members based society (for
example, a large portion of their revenue is membership from particular
visa holders who have to maintain professional membership as a condition
of their visa). I don't think we want to *be* an accrediting body, but I
could be wrong.

There's a second point here too - this type of work requires labour and
time and effort. Who would do this?

Best, Kathy