Re: [Linux-aus] Grant application

David Kempe wrote:
can OSX run on vmware for the intel version?

No (or at least, not yet). VMware does not emulate the new EFI required for MacOS X to boot.

As the owner of a new Intel Mac, I do support this request: I have Parallels Workstation on my Mac that allows me to run Windows XP and any flavour of Linux just like VMware does on my PC. This means a single machine can run MacOS + Windows + Linux.

Performance wise, an OS running in Parallels is about as fast on MacOS as VMware is on Windows. Obviously, you can get native performance by dual-booting into Windows using Boot Camp.

Obviously, you should be aware that you'll need a full copy of Windows XP with SP2 to install via Boot Camp.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Hobart / London />
  2/340 Gore Street    T: 1 300 SQUIZ (77859)
  Fitzroy, VIC         T: 03 9486 0411
  3065                 F: 03 9486 0611
                       W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>