[LC++] GUI Programming

Abah Joseph joefazee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 16:43:18 EST 2008

Well, I thought of C++ but most people said i should go with  C first then
later to C++, i think my aim is to have a low level understanding of how
things work under the hood and still be able to save some little money in my
pocket.. by writen basic GUI app solving basic problem.  maybe i will be
using Python where we have PyGt4. GT has a very googd binding in python and
it has been used to develop rich applications.. i still need your advice if
C or C++. incause i`m only learning reading books and thats the way i have
been learning all my programming life.

Abah

On 10/24/08, Paul Gearon <gearon at ieee.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Abah Joseph <joefazee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am on windows for now., i love the Qt API but i don`t know if it has C
> > binding.
>
> I don't believe that it does.  I really prefer QT on Windows, but if
> you want to use C then GTK is the way to go.
>
> Of course, once upon a time ALL GUI programming on Windows was done in
> C (and still can be). It looks a bit like X11 code (as do most
> windowing toolkits for C). But if you want portability (and this IS a
> Linux programming list) then go for GTK.
>
> BTW, why C and not C++? You have a little more flexibility with C++,
> with few problems.
>
> Regards,
> Paul
>
> > On 10/23/08, David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> Abah,
> >>
> >> * http://www.gtk.org/documentation.html
> >>
> >> GTK+ is one of the many GUI systems out there that have a C++ (and C)
> >> binding.
> >>
> >> What platform/OS are you intending to use?

I develop dynamic website with PHP & MySql, Let me know about your site