[LC++] GUI Programming

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Oct 24 13:25:47 EST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Abah Joseph <joefazee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am on windows for now., i love the Qt API but i don`t know if it has C
> binding.

I don't believe that it does.  I really prefer QT on Windows, but if
you want to use C then GTK is the way to go.

Of course, once upon a time ALL GUI programming on Windows was done in
C (and still can be). It looks a bit like X11 code (as do most
windowing toolkits for C). But if you want portability (and this IS a
Linux programming list) then go for GTK.

BTW, why C and not C++? You have a little more flexibility with C++,
with few problems.

Regards,
Paul