[LC++]scanning files

Torsten Rennett Torsten at Rennett.de
Tue Sep 28 19:55:02 UTC 2004

On Dienstag, 28. September 2004 11:18, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Jan and Torsten!
>   Thanks for both replies.
>   @Torsten: Can I also do:
>   ifs >> "directory =" >> my_string;
>   Or wouldn't that work because "directory =" is a constant string?

So it is!

I would recommend to read a good book on C++ to learn the basics, e.g.
	Nicolai M. Josuttis:
	Object-Oriented Programming in C++
	http://www.josuttis.com/cppbook/index.html

>   I think, I'll also take a look at the boost library it sounds fit to
> solving quite more complex tasks, with which I'll probably find myself
> confronted soon enough.

boost is surely a very good lib. But to make really use of it, I think
you'll need some advanced C++ knowledge. May be it's better to learn C++
from the beginning and then go on to the advanced topics.

Torsten

--
Ingenieurbuero RENNETT      -- innovative Software-Entwicklung --
Torsten Rennett                    http://www.RENNETT.de