[LC++]Getting started

Larry Lines larry at twistedpop.com
Sat Oct 2 01:05:02 UTC 2004

I use this site quite a bit for the standard library:
http://www.cppreference.com/

I don't have the functions memorized and finding the
best way to do something in any language is about
trial and error.  I read tutorials on cplus.about.com
and other sites through google for specific tasks.   I
lurk this list and try to understand what the questions
and answers are.  I also ask other experienced c/c++
coders.  If they don't know, I ask this list.

My background is everything but c/c++, and I have been
tearing into it the best that I can for the past 18 months.
But it is difficult and takes time and lots of looking
stupid.  But I know from learning other languages
and giving people tips and help with their work that
the best thing is just to keep asking and reading.  And
just admitting that you don't know is the easiest way
to get advice.  Spend an honest effort trying to figure
it out yourself and then ask someone who knows.

Hope that helps...  I am interested to see what others
on the list have to say.

Larry Lines