[LC++]Getting started

Robert Misior misior at salem.edu
Fri Oct 1 23:01:02 UTC 2004

Hello,

I would say that it still all depends on what you are trying to do ( I
guess knowing what is possible is the key)
Here are some links that I  find useful: "C++ Beyond the Standard
Library"
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2003/05/06/cplusplusian.html
and this page has some usefully links:
http://www.thefreecountry.com/sourcecode/cpp.shtml
If you are interested in GUI development I would recommend Qt
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/index.html it is a lot more then just a GUI
API, reminds me a lot of java :) with many standard objects. Or a pure
open source GUI API  http://www.wxwindows.org/
If you are interested in graphics there is the classic OpenGL, or game
development SDL http://www.libsdl.org/index.php (these two are C API but
you can use them from C++)

I'm also interested to see what will other members of this list  recommend.

Hope this helps,
Robert

--
*Robert Misior*