[LC++]OS Programming

George T. Talbot george at knucklehead.phat.com
Thu Sep 26 19:44:01 UTC 2002

I think it's tough to maintain a large C++ OS and API.  I had read that
one of the things that kept BeOS from being the next Apple OS was the
"fragile base class problem".  Apparently NEXT's OS, written in Objective
C didn't have that problem which is why they bought it.

http://2f.ru/holy-wars/fbc.html

--George

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Keith Schincke wrote:

> Atheos comes to mind as a C++ written OS. I have not heard about them in a
> year (maybe I was just working too much ;))
>
> This web site lists off a number of OSes and a few of them are in C++. I
> donno how fuctional they are. Atheos looked pretty good and was posix
> (mostly)
>  http://tunes.org/Review/OSes.html
>
> Maybe they are just too hard to design.
>
> (the list seems to work a little)

George T. Talbot                                      <george at phat.com>

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
   -Tolstoy

"They that can give up an essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
	- Benjamin Franklin