[TasLUG] Hobart TasLUG Meeting: Thursday 11 July 2019

Hoolio Wobbits hooliowobbits at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 09:29:02 AEST 2019

Hello All,

July is here and with John away I'm attempting to fill his rather large
shoes.  This month we're on again and have the following items organized.

   ## Peter Billam ##
   audio2midi: convert features of audio signals into MIDI data.

   ## Karl Goetz ##
   Debian 10 ("Buster") release party!!  Including something "celebratory"
to eat :)

   ## ?Your name here? ##
   Lightening talks.  A technology you're excited about??  Share it with us
(un-timed).

The venue for this month will be Enterprize Hobart:

     When: Thursday 11 July 2019 - 6:00pm for a 6:30pm start

    Where: Enterprize - Hobart
           5th floor, Hobart City Council Building
           24 Davey Street
           (map: https://goo.gl/maps/SNWs8FJcvEk)

Note: the doors inside the foyer will be locked, so you will need to use
the intercom to let us know to buzz you in. However, if you arrive after
6:30pm, then I'll leave a note with a phone number to call as the
intercom isn't near where the talks will be.

Enterprize provide a selection of alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks and
coffee pods for the appropriate donation, as well as free instant coffee
and tea. So come at 6:00pm, get a drink, and have a bit of a mingle
before the talks start at 6:30pm.

--
Kind regards, Jules

<golgy> whats so wrong with plumb?
<hoolio> nothing, in itself.  it's just for me, knowing what it means
infers i cannot any longer pretend to not be a complete square when it
comes to computers
<Gryphon> I don't know that knowing anything about plumb turns you into a
nerd, but this conversation already has
<hoolio> are you calling me nerdy?
<checkers> hoolio: you know what initramfs means, AND does. You're lost to
the non-geek world already
<Gryphon> yes
<hoolio> hrm
<hoolio> goodbye cruel world.