[TasLUG] Launceston February Meeting (video/resources available)

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Wed Feb 27 10:17:31 AEDT 2019

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 21:00:32 +1000, Cheeseness wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-02-25 at 14:15 +1000, Craige McWhirter wrote:

> > Have you considered speaking to the LCA video team?
> >
> > The solution may be a little closer than you think.
>
> Haven't, but I think there's some interest in doing/making/documenting
> construction of that sort of thing as a local project at Enterprize.
>
> Will definitely bring it up for discussion though!

Here's the hardware I'm talking about:

https://hdmi2usb.tv/home/
https://hdmi2usb.tv/faq/
https://code.timvideos.us

Not as much fun as building your own but it is a thing that exists and if I was
recording LUG meetings, this is exactly where I'd start - we used this hardware
at LCA2017.

A lot of the problems you'll encounter have been solved, so it would be useful
at least as reference hardware for building your own.

--
Craige