[Taslug] EOMA68 Computers on CrowdSupply

Scott Bragg jsbragg at scriptforge.org
Sat Aug 6 08:08:31 AEST 2016

It's a nice toy but hardly a computer for every day use:

- microSD cards have on average 20MB/sec read/write. Compare this to
SSD's which have over 200MB/sec+ read/write and your storage is
painfully slow.
- no mention if the USB here is USB 3.0, probably not compared to other
aspects of the specification, if you plug in external storage you USB2
will limit you to
- My phone is a quad core 2GHz in almost the same form factor yet this
is only dual core 1.2GHz, not much more than a R-Pi.
- No wifi or LAN, so there's another USB port needed.

They're recommending a 3.4 kernel which is several years old now. Here
is another EOMA board from 2013 and the specs have barely moved up in
the 3 years since.
http://liliputing.com/2013/11/improv-is-a-75-modular-arm-based-computer-core-eoma-68.html

All this and you have to wait until March 2017 to get this already
obsolete hardware.

On 2016-08-05 23:15, Paul Kennedy wrote:
> Earth-Friendly EOMA68 Computing Devices
> https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
>
> I'm guessing that most of you know about this. And if it's already
> been posted to this list, well, sorry I missed it. I just think it's
> one of the best projects in years...
> All the best!
> PK

Scott Bragg