[LA-Policies] Mailing list policy comments

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Thu Oct 30 15:09:27 EST 2014

To be clear, I don't suggest removing all offensive material, but that
list administrators be empowered to immediately remove *some* offensive
material from the archive, using their discretion and their knowledge of
the laws of defamation, decency and discrimination. Material determined to
be unnecessarily removed can always be returned to the archive.

"Transparency" does not require all offensive material to be maintained
online. To do so may to extend and repeat the offence, possibly making
Linux Australia liable for the words.

Going surfing, so limiting further participation in this thing. I reviewed
the document, made some obvious observations, take them or leave them as
you will.

-glen

--
Glen Turner <http://www.gdt.id.au/~gdt/>