[PHPwestoz] CMSs/web applications - opinions?

Sol sol at terminus.net.au
Tue Jan 4 20:34:01 UTC 2005

> Couple of things I thing are important are:
>
> Ability to add modules without touching the core code - but modules
able to use
> functions of core code (& developer guidelines for module development)
- mable
> self installing - eg CMS looks in a directory and can use module with no
> configuration

Oooh, now you're talking. No idea how you'll do it, but sounds good. ;)
One thing that appeals to me as a cms user, is the ability to share
users/passwords/privileges with other systems. I think that phpbb can
share users with zen cart. To me, this is very practical - in fact I'm
thinking of doing exactly this right now - as I'm more likely to want to
use different "specialty apps" for each section of a site. That's me
anyways.
> Developer / end user documentation
Good.
> Spell check
> Priverledges (you can see why I wanted the spell check)
> check in- check out of pages
> Document management
> Image Management
> Template engine - so the CMS can be easily customised

With regard to these last four points, have you thought of maybe
grabbing some wiki code and working from there?? Some wikis have these
features, but of course no real user & privilege system. May help to
prevent reinventing the wheel. Just a thought.....

/sol