[PHPwestoz] E-Commerce backing

Nicolas Connault nicou at sweetpeadesigns.com.au
Tue Jan 4 14:49:02 UTC 2005

Leon Brooks wrote:

>Wondering who y'all have dealt with for the credit cards and other
>financial messiness behind a website. I'm particularly interested in
>getting as local as possible consistent with good terms.
>
>I'm also totally uninterested in sites which have local (to my site)
>black-box components; I'd rather spend a day dinking with open
>interfaces than instantly set up a pig in a poke.
>
>Other features I'd like are:
>
> * easy to distinguish between sites if you're running several
>   sites through the same broker;
>
> * low or no set-up cost for smaller independent clients;
>
> * non-ripoff rates (up to a few percent per transaction plus any
>   credit card fees but preferably less);
>
> * Ability to cope automatically with EFTPOS and direct-debit
>   payments as well as Visa/MasterCard (couldn't care less about
>   Amex).
>
>Cheers; Leon
>
>--
>http://cyberknights.com.au/     Modern tools; traditional dedication
>http://plug.linux.org.au/       Vice President, Perth Linux User Group
>http://osia.net.au/             Member, Open Source Industry Australia
>http://slpwa.asn.au/            Member, Linux Professionals WA
>http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia

Personally, with our little growing business, we can't yet afford the
SSL certificate, so we found some alternatives: we are registered with
B-PAY, which costs nothing to set up and only charge a modest fee per
transaction, and we also use PayPal, which also doesn't rip you off.
These solutions enable your customers to pay online using their credit
cards (in a bank deposit kind of way, they need to do it through their
banking institution if they use B-PAY).

I'll let you know when we move onto SSL transactions.

Nicolas