[PHPwestoz] E-Commerce backing

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Tue Jan 4 14:40:02 UTC 2005

Wondering who y'all have dealt with for the credit cards and other
financial messiness behind a website. I'm particularly interested in
getting as local as possible consistent with good terms.

I'm also totally uninterested in sites which have local (to my site)
black-box components; I'd rather spend a day dinking with open
interfaces than instantly set up a pig in a poke.

Other features I'd like are:

 * easy to distinguish between sites if you're running several
   sites through the same broker;

 * low or no set-up cost for smaller independent clients;

 * non-ripoff rates (up to a few percent per transaction plus any
   credit card fees but preferably less);

 * Ability to cope automatically with EFTPOS and direct-debit
   payments as well as Visa/MasterCard (couldn't care less about
   Amex).

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Vice President, Perth Linux User Group
http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia