[Media] An LA social media experiment - paper.li web newspaper

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Mon Aug 15 06:12:46 AEST 2016

So, I'm trying a little bit of a social media experiment with curated
content using a cloud platform called paper.li (it's not open source -
but none of the platforms I could find - Storify etc - are - happy to
entertain F/OSS alternatives if available). Essentially, I feed it a
range of content sources (to do with Linux and open source) and it
generates a new 'edition' every 24 hours then Tweets it at 6am from the
@linuxaustralia twitter account, eg;

The latest /var/log/linuxaustralia!
http://paper.li/linuxaustralia/1471201130 Thanks to @skimbrel
<https://twitter.com/skimbrel> @DrJosh9000
<https://twitter.com/DrJosh9000> @linuxaustralia
<https://twitter.com/linuxaustralia> #pyconau
<https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23pyconau>

So, what would I like the Media team to do? Well, give me feedback. Is
it working? Does it help get our key messages out? Is the content
relevant to you? If we find it a useful social media tool, the paid
version ($USD 9 per month) provides some additional integrations and
controls, enabling branding etc.

Best, Kathy