[Media] Welcome

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sun Mar 31 11:25:20 EST 2013

Hiya Brianna,

Huge thanks to yourself and the others interested in getting the Media
and Communications Subcommittee up and running.

I've had a go at putting together a few paragraphs for a first
newsletter if people would like to build on it?

http://wiki.linux.org.au/MediaTeam:Newsletter/2013April

Re: the outline of stuff in a newsletter, this was part of the Face to
Face minutes, just copying and pasting to add more info;

The draft charter for the Media SubCommittee was reviewed.

http://wiki.linux.org.au/Roles_and_things

Council discussed the role of Media SubCommittee

  *

    Newsletter

  *

    Press releases

  *

    Maintaining a list of journalists

  *

    Maintaining a list of mailing lists

  *

    Maintaining a list of Calls for Papers

  *

    Sourcing feedback from the community

  *

    Assisting with Social Media - Twitter, Facebook.

Council discussed some of the the things that could be in the Newsletter

  *

    Calls for Papers

  *

    Upcoming events

  *

    Highlights of blogs and social media posts

  *

    LUG of the month

  *

    Podcast of the month