[Media] Welcome

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 18:47:50 EST 2013

Hi folks,

Welcome to the mailing list for the media subctte. Just want to
quickly get things started before too much more time passes.

A few weeks ago I went to the ctte F2F (face to face) meeting where
they had a media trainer and we discussed what the role of the media
subctte would be. One thing the council is quite keen on is the idea
of a regular newsletter, which I also think is a great idea. LA does
lots of cool stuff but you often don't hear about it. For a media
subctte it is also a good task as it has us regularly writing things
and making connections between people and so on, which is helpful for
when genuine press release-worthy events spring up.

Kathy had an outline of what might be included in a newsletter which I
don't think has been published anywhere yet, but I put a few pieces
together at
http://wiki.linux.org.au/MediaTeam:Newsletter (see the Template for
what I have so far). What I think could work is if we use the wiki to
develop the newsletter together each month, then officially 'publish'
it via the Drupal website.

You should be able to log in to the wiki with your memberdb details,
but you will need to ask Clinton (CCed) to add you to the media team
to see/edit those pages, I believe.

How does this sound to people? Do you have some cool ideas for
features in the newsletter?

cheers,
Brianna

PS. The archives for this list are public. :)

http://modernthings.org/