[Lugcomms] SFD2009 - SFD2010

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Fri Sep 25 18:23:56 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 10:00 -0400, Don Knowles wrote:
> 1. What did you do for Software Freedom Day?

We had a great day!

Here's some photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pfctdayelise/sets/72157622291693087/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathyreid/sets/72157622412663762/

http://picasaweb.google.com/nguyenminh2/SoftwareFreedomDay2009#

Brianna made this 3 min video - http://vimeo.com/6662612

We had 3 streams of presentations... including some hands on workshops
which were really popular. Schedule is still up at
http://softwarefreedomday.org/melb

Sam Varghese interviewed Minh - one of our Speaker / Volunteers
http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27887/1090/1/0/

There was some challenges with the location - it's not easy to find the
Melb PC offcies within Chadstone Shopping Centre, and the restrictions
around promotion within the centre are somewhat limited - but overall it
was a great venue. Plenty of space, and a fantastic resource.

We'll be preparing a full report for our major sponsor, the Vic Govt,
and I would love to include a section on what everyone else did around
the country.

cheers
Donna

--