[Lugcomms] Software Freedom Day - 20 Sept 2008

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Mon Aug 11 10:46:05 EST 2008

Just 52 Sleeps to go!

Hey all - If you're planning a Software Freedom Day Event... could you
do me a wee favour and email me some info?  [ Better yet - update the
SFD/au wiki page - see below ]

Time and Place
Name of Event (as you'd want listed in 'what's on' guides)
Short Description of event...
URL
(Team Page on SFD site - or promo on your own website - whichever is
going to be more informative...)

I'm starting to put together some press release stuff - and I want to
demonstrate that it is both a nationwide and worldwide event...

oh - and a contact person who might be prepared to speak to media could
be handy too.

I've started this http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/australia
as a place to collate this info - I'll need some nifty quotes to weave
into the text - so if you could say something quotable that would be
wonderful!

Here's some random questions to get ideas floating:

  How do you plan to celebrate Software Freedom Day on 2008?

  What do you like best about SFD?

  What are the benefits of Software Freedom for ordinary people?

  What is special or Unique about your SFD event?
  Why should people come along? What should they expect to do/ see/
learn/ or take-away?

cheers
Donna

--