[LCP]Line by line checking of file for a substring.

preeth k k_preeth at rediffmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:04:02 UTC 2005

Hi,
  I have a file which consists of a no. of lines. What I want to do is line by line checking of the file to see if a particular substring is present in it. Also the contents of the file are not delimited in a regular way(ie, at some places it is delimited by 1 blank space whaereas at some other places it may be delimited by 10 or 15 blank spaces.) Please suggest a way other than awk, cut or strtok because I have tried all these with no effect.
    I am doing this in C language in Redhat Linux platform.
Preeth.