[LCP]my queries

David Spencer david.w.spencer at oracle.com
Wed Jan 7 03:00:02 UTC 2004

Google has a lot to say about "programming sockets" so I won't bother to
reproduce that here.  I don't know what software you already have that
facilitates remote execution, you will definitely need to ask your tutor
about existing software as nobody on this list will be able to answer
questions about that; once you know that then you will need to consult
the appropriate documentation about how you should call it; that should
give you some hooks into the socket programming docs.  If there isn't
any such software installed, then you will also need to ask your tutor
if the project means you have to write that from scratch, and possibly
advise him that this may be somewhat outside your capabilities.

This is a big area you are asking about and nobody here will be willing
to take you all the way through your questions.  We will provide short
to medium sized answers, but "how to write a distributed application
framework" is a BIG question, so if you want further help you will need
to start providing answers to some of the questions you have been
asked.  At the moment a full answer to your questions will be pages and
pages of "if this then," "if that then," "if the other then" and would
in itself make quite an impressive dissertation.

So I suggest as a starting point, answer the question "what software is
already installed that supports remote execution, or do you need to
write that yourself".  There's no point trying to answer even the single
question quoted below without the answer to this question.

Dave.