[LCP]Transforming a linux machine into a breakout box (Serial programming related question)

David Lloyd dlloyd at microbits.com.au
Fri Sep 5 08:24:01 UTC 2003

Greg,

> This is incredibly trivial.  The billing machine sends its query
> to your Linux box, believing that it's actually the pabx.  The
> Linux box sends the query on immediately.  The PABX returns the
> data to the Linux box.  The Linux box immediately sends all the
> data that it wishes to pass through on to the billing machine.
> When the billing machine sends its stop signal to the Linux box,
> it sends it on to the PABX.  What's complicated about this?

Not much.

I think your answer could have been augmented with this URL:

 *  http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Serial-Programming-HOWTO.html

Someone's already answered thes questions.

> > I'm a little bit confused as i'm still new to the world of serial
> > programming. I would appreciate if you post sample codes.
>
> The usual deal is that you pay standard rates if you want people
> to do your work for you.  Email me off-list for my rates.

I put in "serial programming howto" into "google" to find that link. I'm
honestly not a walking "Linux Howto" index ;-P

DSL

<suit don="yes" type="asbestos">

--
Join the EducationaLinux Announcement List
 * http://educationalinux.adam.com.au/