[LCP]multithreaded ideas?

Bradley, Peter PBradley at uwic.ac.uk
Sat Feb 15 00:03:25 UTC 2003

The classic one is any producer/consumer situation.  Say a program to model
the operation of an airport shuttle picking up passengers going to and from
an airport (or an aeroplane for that matter).  The producer (an aircraft,
say) and the consumer (the shuttle) run in different threads.  The shuttle
mustn't try to collect again from the terminal (data area) until a new set
of passengers is ready (i.e. the program doesn't collect the same set
twice), and the aircraft must not overwrite the number in the terminal until
they've been collected.

I know it's a bit contrived, but ...

Peter Bradley
Analyst/Programmer
Athrofa Prifysgol Cymru, Caerdydd (UWIC)