[Linux-aus] Proposed changes to Linux Australia Grants Policy

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Wed Jun 5 19:36:36 AEST 2024

Dear community,

Each year Linux Australia offers a Grants Program, with funding available for community members and groups to assist with the development and promotion of open technologies within Australasia.

As flagged at our AGM at the beginning of the year, we are looking to improve how we track the success of grants that we give out, especially around the purchase of hardware for use with improving compatibility for open source software. This is an area that we currently find difficult to assess, and something that we wish to improve to ensure we continue to offer grants equitably across our community.

The Linux Australia Council has come up with some proposed changes to our Grants Guidelines. Our existing guidelines can now be found on GitHub at https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution_and_policies/blob/master/guidelines_for_grant_submissions.md
The proposed changes are available for review and feedback at https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution_and_policies/pull/46. We encourage people to review this and provide feedback via the pull request over the coming week.

Our aim is to complete adjustments to the Grant Guidelines by Friday 14 June, and then open our 2024 Grants Program on Monday 17 June 2024. We will continue to review this over time and adjust as necessary to improve the program for the community.

Kind regards,

Joel Addison

President
Linux Australia