[Linux-aus] candidate nominations systems broken on website for elections

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Thu Jan 12 11:24:46 AEDT 2023

> There might be user interface changes that we could make also.
>
> Regards,
> Joel

Thanks Joel,

When I commissioned the voting system module for CiviCRM as part of the
linux.org.au website redevelopment in 2018, one of the stipulations was
that the module be made available open source.

https://civicrm.org/extensions/elections

The module is now used in 47 CiviCRM installations worldwide.

If anyone would like to submit patches, the source is at:

https://github.com/agileware/au.com.agileware.elections

I agree, the "Accept Nomination" part of the process could use some
refinement, such as an email reminder to the nominated candidate.

This would likely require some CiviCRM knowledge to set up some sort of
email hook.

Kind regards,

Kathy