[Linux-aus] RIP LCA (or should I say "Vale LCA"?) and thanks.

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Fri Sep 30 12:20:06 AEST 2022

Indeed, maybe the lack of linux.conf.au will inspire a group of motivated
people to get together and make it happen again.

Linux Australia is a conference incubator and can priovide the
experience/guidance and funding to make it happen if a group of people
somewhere put together a bid to make it happen.

Who knows with Australia and New Zealand opening up again if some collective
of Linux enthuusiasts who love the conference miss it enough it may be back
in 2024, just need a motivated group of enthusiasts to put in the work.

Steve

... not volunteering to make it happen again at the moment

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 02:20:33PM +1300, Steven Ellis via linux-aus wrote:
> Personally I'm hoping this becomes an addition rather than a replacement.
>
> LCA has such a strong level of brand recognition, and it would be a shame
> to lose that.
>
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 12:51 PM Simon Lyall via linux-aus <
> linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:
>

> > So it looks like the new Everything Open conference is a replacement for
> > LCA and the old conference will be no more.
> >
> > I want to thank everybody who has attended, organised and helped run
> > Linux.conf.au conferences over the last 20 years. It was a great
> > conference and I learnt a lot, meet some great people and had some good
> > times.
> >
> > Hope to see many of you in the future, possibly at the new conference.
> >
> > --
> > Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.simonlyall.com/
> > "To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
i dress my face in stone, because i can't go back
   She Says - Not So Soft - Ani