[Linux-aus] No intent to change name of "Linux Australia"

Marcus Herstik marcus at herstik.com
Sun Oct 16 16:43:35 AEDT 2022

Hi Jonathan,

It wasn’t actually suggested. Rather it was a tongue in cheek reminder that LA has had this discussion and it has been decided.

It appears that some LA members are having issue with the EO conference, which I just noticed has it’s own mail list now.

I will do a deeper dive into the EO conference later but to me at first glance it looks remarkably similar to the Linux  Australia Conference (LAConf) and it’s associated miniconfs.

This to me looks like a direct competitor to the LAConf and is even covering many of the same topics.
Hence the concern that some of us have had regarding this conference and the lack of a true “Linux Australia Conference”.

Also, I am rather interested as to when the council is planning on holding its AGM as it now has no conference at which to hold it.
Can the council provide some indication as to when it intends to do so? (They may want to check the constitution and the act too.)

Regards,
Marcus Herstik

M: 0405-569-466
A: P.O. Box 2443, Burleigh Waters, QLD, 4220