[Linux-aus] Announcing Everything Open - Conference 2023

Info info at petermoulding.com
Sat Oct 15 11:55:45 AEDT 2022

True about Covid precautions. The hand washing and masks also reduced other infections. Beneficial
to immune compromised people, people caring for young children, and the elderly plus all those
people in regular contact with any of the above.

Given my contact with several of the endangered groups, I would have to isolate from regular
contacts during a face to face conference, for a few days after, and PCR test.

If the state governments can be talked into helping conferences with onsite free PCR, I would have
an entry test to protect attendees and an exit test to protect family.

Video recordings for later viewing help some people but do not provide feedback to presenters.
Realtime voice questions are mostly trash noise as few people maintain a sound booth for voice
interaction. Realtime text questions through the right software work as the presenter can organise
questions to fit the presentation and group similar questions.

Charles Sturt Uni has a long history of online students, 60% online. Some of the good and bad
examples of their online experience could be used to guide conferences toward an online option for
attendees.

What has the EO con proposed for remote access?

Peter