[Linux-aus] Announcing Everything Open - Conference 2023

Info info at petermoulding.com
Fri Oct 14 10:56:04 AEDT 2022

As a past conference guest, I find wide ranging conferences difficult. So much old stuff rehashed
for new users. I like sessions focussed on people developing new stuff. If the new conference is 3
days and the only things of interest are an hour on day 1 and an hour on day 3, I will not attend.

The mini conference idea was good. A day for PHP, a day for something else. Buy tickets to just the
days of interest.

Video conferencing works for some things and not for others. Perhaps the EO conference can have
sessions accessed by video for mass distribution to those who can only benefit from a few sessions.

My experience includes speaking at conferences, organising conferences, and inventing a conference
before video options appeared. I think the future is video for lectures and hands on for workshops.

Perhaps the EO conference could be video across a week then follow up workshops we can book after
watching the videos. They could cover everything then the audience could select just the relevant
workshops before booking travel.

This would let someone choose their interests, Linux Intel or Raspberry Pi or both as an example.
More importantly, it would help experienced people skip the sales pitches and intro stuff.

Peter