[Linux-aus] xkbcomp problem

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Mar 20 20:47:24 AEDT 2022

xkb_keymap {
 xkb_keycodes {
 include "evdev+aliases(qwerty)"
 <PGUP> = 108;
 <PGDN> = 134;
 <ESC> = 180;
 };

 xkb_types     { include "complete"     };
 xkb_compat    { include "complete"     };
 xkb_symbols   { include "pc+us+inet(evdev)"    };
 xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc105)"    };
};

I'm trying to use the above config file for xkbcomp to set PGUP and PGDN
functions to the right "command" and "alt"/"option" keys on a Mac style
bluetooth keyboard and to set the ESC function to the key that gives the ESC
press if I hold down "fn" but which otherwise is apparently supposed to give
the function of a square (whatever that means).

I run xkbcomp with that file as a parameter, it does stuff and gives a bunch
of errors unrelated to what I did, but doesn't set the ESC, PGUP, and PGDN
functions.

Any suggestions?