[Linux-aus] Flounder FOSS phones meeting in 11.5 hours

Yuchen Pei hi at ypei.me
Sat Jul 2 20:28:36 AEST 2022

On Sat 2022-07-02 01:36:48 +1000, Russell Coker via luv-main wrote:

> https://flounder.linux.org.au/events/flounder-july-2022/
>
> The July meeting will be 1PM Melbourne time (03:00 UTC) on the 2nd of July.
> The above URL has the details.
>
> It will be about FOSS phones and what has to be done to make regular Linux
> software work on them with the Librem 5 as a case study and demonstration.
> Hopefully a demonstration of a PinePhone too.

Relevant to the topic, the h-node project[1] aims at the construction of
a hardware database in order to identify what devices work with a fully
free operating system.  It recently added replicant as a supported
distro.  If you have a phone that can run replicant, PureOS or any fully
free systems, please consider adding the phone to the database:
https://h-node.org/notebooks/catalogue/en

[1] https://h-node.org/

Disclosure: I'm the (sys)admin of the project.

> https://b.coker.com.au/
>
> No need to register, just visit the above URL at the appointed time to join
> the meeting.

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.org/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>