[Linux-aus] LUV needs volunteers

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Sat Jul 2 18:48:13 AEST 2022

On Sat, Jul 02, 2022 at 12:56:51PM +0800, Tim via linux-aus wrote:
> I'm happy to offer the same 'service' that I offer PLUG, regarding domain
> registrations to any Australian Linux/Unix user group. I'll register the
> domain through my business wholesale account, and that way it's always
> automatically renewed and paid and I just invoice the LUG the cost of the
> domain (rounded up to the nearest dollar, so $10 ...

Linux Australia (LA) is also happy to handle domain registration and renewal
for LUGs and other similar groups.  We already do this for TasLUG and SLUG
(I think).  LA does not charge LUGs for the domains that it manages on their
behalf - it's part of the service we offer to the community.

If the relevant people are interested in pursuing this for LUV please
contact me or anyone else on the LA council, and we'll make it happen.

Regards
  jonathan