[Linux-aus] Linux Australia - Statement on Mailing List Conduct

President, Linux Australia linuxaus at joeladdison.com
Sat Dec 24 12:49:26 AEDT 2022

Linux Australia would like to make it clear that the conduct of a certain individual on and off the linux-aus mailing list earlier this week was not in line with the expectations of our Communications Policy [1] or Code of Conduct [2]. We do not condone the comments made. Comments like this hold no place in our community.

The individual in question is not a Linux Australia member. There is no way a person demonstrating such behaviour could be accepted as a member of Linux Australia. The behaviour exhibited does not align with any of Linux Australia’s Values[3], nor those of the open source community in general.

Linux Australia provides support to a large number of open technologies communities across Australia and abroad. A key part of open source is the ability to collaborate with others to achieve greater outcomes, and it is important to us that we offer a safe space to everyone to do this. We are fortunate to have a diverse group of people as part of our membership, and Linux Australia is committed to support them in their endeavours to positively contribute to the open source community as a whole.

Linux Australia Council

[1] Communications Policy - https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution_and_policies/blob/master/communications-policy.md
[2] Code of Conduct - https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution_and_policies/blob/master/code_of_conduct.md
[3] Linux Australia Values