[Linux-aus] Freenode and IRC Channels

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon May 31 11:13:26 AEST 2021

Hi Alec

I think he means #linux-aus, the LA related channel, which was
registered by council in the dim dark ages of the organization, is a
PITA to get freenode to update any access lists (because they have a
policy on #linux-* channels), and is mostly idle except when things like
this come along.

#linux.conf.au was registered by on set of conference organisers, also
in the dim dark ages of the organisation, and is not such a hard thing
to update.

I know something is percolating it's way through the LA community comms
channels, but not what the end result will be.

regards