[Linux-aus] Freenode and IRC Channels

Alec Clews alecclews at gmail.com
Mon May 31 08:01:52 AEST 2021

Thanks for the update. Good to know this happened

AFAIK the IRC channel has nothing to do with council and was set up by
conference attendees a long time ago.

I see #linux.conf.au now exists on libre.chat.

On Mon, 31 May 2021 at 07:01, Mark Foster via linux-aus <
linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I assume those of you who are regular users of the LA IRC Channels are
> savvy with recent goings-on involving Freenode.
>
> Unfortunately I seem to have missed the boat and i'm not the only one
> based on recent chat history.
>
> Could Linux Australia (Council, perhaps?) please put something out on
> the mailing list to confirm the LA position on things, and where
> official chatrooms will live going forward?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark.

Alec Clews
Personal <alec.clews at gmail.com>             Melbourne, Australia.